Come and join us for an immersion into Child Centered Play Therapy;
Registrations are now open
- Introduction (workshops)-The Heart and Practice of CCPT (18 hrs of face to face training)
- Intermediate (training programs)- The Heart and Practice of CCPT and Working Therapeutically with children 10 day workshop (42 hrs of face to face training and 18 hrs of online training)
- Advanced- (Clinical Course)-The Heart and Practice of CCPT, Working Therapeutically with Children, Clinical issues and specialist topics in CCPT (100 hrs of face to face learning and 100 hrs of online learning)
The heart and practice of child centered play therapy
This workshop is for anyone working with children and families; it offers participants the opportunity to learn about non directive Child Centered Play Therapy principles & practices in a safe and supportive environment. Many of the skills can be very successfully integrated into other counselling approaches, work roles and settings with children.
3-day workshop includes:
- An introduction into the wonderful world of CCPT and its theoretical framework and evidence base;
- Foundation of play and the importance of play in the child's world;
- Principles and practice of CCPT including the 8 basic principles, therapeutic dimensions of the play therapy relationship, key healing messages and toys/equipment and space required;
- Practical considerations;
- Indications and contraindications for the use of CCPT;
- Core therapeutic skills development, reflective and empathic responding and therapeutic limit setting;
- Recognising and understanding the therapy process and evaluating the child's internal progress, identifying therapeutic stages and themes of play;
To download the Registration Form please select the link of your chosen Workshop and venue.